Smart Move High Level Group
As part of our mandate to defend the interest of the road transport industry, IRU has a strong focus on social issues that focus on the human element. These include working and rest times or training, all of which are crucial for both drivers and transport operators. Working time limits and driving and rest time rules, driver training requirements, driver licensing, rules for the posting of foreign workers, social security provisions and many other legal obligations all make up a complex list of social issues relevant to the sector.
Commercial Vehicle of the Future
The latest report on freight transport of the future examines what measures need to be undertaken to ensure that tomorrows’ commercial vehicles would best suit a green vision of the future.
The EcoEffect project
By driving in an eco-friendly way, we can not only protect our environment, but save money at the same time.
The International Road Transport Union (IRU) and the European Transport Workers' Federation (ETF) have brought together a consortium of partners to submit a funding proposal for a joint social partner’s project on training in the commercial road transport sector, covering both mobile and non mobile employees of road transport companies.
Guides for Animal Transport
In order to support the industry to provide good animal welfare, IRU Project has joined a consortium consisting of 16 partners, aimed at developing best practice guidelines for the transportation of these animals.
Improving efficiency of road transport in the different human environments is and will always be one of the pillars of IRU mission and nature
A harmonized road transport space in Europe is becoming more and more vital for the entire economy
IRU partners in Europe
- European association for forwarding, transport, logistics and customs services (CLECAT)
- The Confederation of Organisations in Road Transport Enforcement (CORTE)
- EDF: European Disability Forum
- EPF: European Passenger Federation
- EPTO: European Passenger Transport Operators
- ETOA: European Tour Operators Association
- Euro Contrôle Route (ECR)
- European Automobile Manufacturer’s Association (ACEA)
- European Commission
- European Council
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Parliament
- European Road Federation (ERF)
- European Transport Safety Council (ETSC)
- European Transport Workers Federation (ETF)
- Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA)
- NET: Network for the European Private Sector in Tourism
- POLIS: European Cities and Regions Networking for Innovative Transport Solutions
- TAPA EMEA